Big Rock Sports, a wholesale distributor of sporting goods, has an immediate need for a National Account Manager to manage key regional and national customers. This position will be based out of our office in either Graham, NC or Billings, MT. The National Account Manager will be responsible for retaining, developing and growing long-term partnerships with key existing accounts, as well as cultivating new accounts.
- Serves as the lead role in all aspects of account management to coordinate sales and business development activities for each account.
- Develops and implements sales plans that align with corporate goals and direction.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Assist marketing and sales management with development of marketing strategies and advertising plans as appropriate.
- Achieves account profitability and sales targets.
- Analyzes real-time sales and industry information to communicate and lead business improvement opportunities with assigned accounts.
- Represents company at trade association meetings.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Plans and prepares effective and industry leading merchandising programs.
- Builds professional and productive relationships with customer accounts to ensure opportunities are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Ability to define problems, analyze data, and present valuable solutions.
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets desired. Forecasting and demand planning experience a plus.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels of management and business organizations.
- Prior experience within the retail industry preferred.
- Knowledge of merchandising and sales concepts preferred.
- 2-5 years of related account management or sales experience.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Excellent analytical skills.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university