Summary: Receive and stock incoming inventory; Pack and prepare orders for shipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Use picking sheets to pull and organize different orders;
- Pack orders according to company standards;
- Create and print shipping labels using UPS Worldship;
- Crate large freight shipments;
- Maintain inventory of shipping supplies;
- Receive, count, and stock incoming inventory items;
- Operate basic powered hand tools to complete tasks;
- Interact with pick up and walk-in customers;
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Big Rock Sports’ safety guidelines, including but not limited to: safe operation of all machinery, tools, and equipment; proper use of safety devices; maintain housekeeping standards.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; ability to read and comprehend part numbers. Ability to speak fluent English in order to communicate with customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to obtain and maintain powered industrial equipment certifications through a company-administered, OSHA-approved class.
Regular exposure to moving mechanical parts
Moderate noise level
Non-climate controlled facility
Regular exposure to dirt/dust on molds and in atmosphere
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Continuous standing, walking, stretching, and reaching; occasional bending and stooping
Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, or feel